By The Voice
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
Close to a decade ago, Papoose began working on his debut album, The Nacirema Dream, which is a play on the phrase “The American Dream.” High hopes were in store for Papoose and his debut album. Seeing how Papoose was heavily co-signed by the legendary Busta Rhymes and the product of DJ Kay Slay, he was returning hip hop.
Papoose was set to emerge during the same period of time Nas declared the death of hip hop and Jay-Z returned from the corporate office to record. Instead of delivering his expected classic debut album, Papoose faced several delays. Not even signing a $1 million deal with Jive Records could hasten Papoose’s album.
Much like how hip hop has given up on Detox and had given up on Saigon’s debut album, The Greatest Story Never Told, the hip hop world gave up on Papoose. But, with several long-awaited albums being released, Papoose decided to cheat the odds. Papoose is set to release The Nacirema Dream on March 26 and released the track listing today.
2. Motion Picture
3. Mother Ghetto
4. Aim Shoot (Feat. Mobb Deep)
6. Cure (Feat. Erykah Badu)
7. Nacirema Dream
8. Pimpin Won’t Die
9. 6am (Feat. Jim Jones & Jadakiss)
11. Law Library Part 8
12. Whats’s My Name (Feat. Remy Ma)
13. On Top Of My Game (Feat. Mavado)
15. Turn It Up (Feat. DJ Premier)
16. Die Like A G
17. Get At Me (Feat. Ron Browz)
18. Where I Come From (Feat. Dada Stone, Odog, Manson, Kino & C-Brown of Thugacation)
20. Alphabetical Slaughter Part II / Z to A