By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
Last fall, LL Cool J surprised the hip hop world when he released “Ratchet.” Not simply the song was the surprise, it was all that came with it. Back in 2008, LL Cool J announced his departure from Def Jam and his indefinite hiatus from making music. Much of this stemmed from his rapidly deteriorating relationship with Jay-Z.
With all of that in the past, the game has drastically changed. As the game has changed, it is overdue for another blast from the past. Last year was full of major hip hop comebacks, including ones from Nas, DMX, and Das EFX. Now, LL Cool J is preparing for his full comeback in the game.
Recently, LL Cool J revealed his Authentic album soon would be on the way. Set to face off against Prodigy, LL Cool J has his album set for a May 7 release date. Earlier today, the official track listing for his album was released and it turns out “Ratchet” will not be a part of the album.
1. Bath Salt
2. Not Leaving You Tonight (Feat. Fitz and the Tantrums & Eddie Van Halen)
3. New Love (Feat. Charlie Wilson)
4. We Came To Party (Feat. Snoop Dogg & Fatman Scoop)
5. Give Me Love (Feat. Seal)
6. Something About You (Love the World) (Feat. Charlie Wilson, Melody Thornton & Earth, Wind & Fire)
7. Bartender Please (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins & Travis Barker)
8. Whaddup (Feat. Chuck D, Travis Barker, Tom Morello & DJ Z-Trip)
9. Between the Sheetz (Feat. Mickey Shiloh)
10. Closer (Feat. Monica)
11. Live For You (Feat. Brad Paisley)
12. We’re the Greatest (Feat. Eddie Van Halen)